Spicy Eggplant Pasta.
spicy eggplant pasta, Many of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be super healthy and good for you. Some foods actually do raise your mood when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Turn to Food to Boost Your Mood
Spicy Eggplant Pasta is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Spicy Eggplant Pasta is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have spicy eggplant pasta using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Eggplant Pasta:
- Make ready 2 of medium eggplants.
- Make ready of Salt.
- Take 3 tbs of olive oil, divided.
- Get of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Make ready 2 cups of chopped plum tomatoes or one 14 oz can crushed tomatoes.
- Take 1 tbs of fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dry oregano.
- Take 2 tsp of red pepper flakes, plus extra for finishing.
- Get 1/4 cup of fresh, chopped basil, plus extra for finishing.
- Get 1 lb of linguine pasta.
- Get of Parmesan cheese to top.
Steps to make Spicy Eggplant Pasta:
- Cut the eggplants crosswise, into 1 inch thick slices. Lay the slices on a baking sheet, salt them well on both sides, and set aside for half an hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat two tablespoons of olive oil over the eggplant, tossing the slices to coat them. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast them until they're tender and browning, about 20 minutes..
- While the eggplant roasts, heat remaining tablespoon of the olive oil on low heat in a large saucepan. Add the onions and the minced garlic and sauté them until onions are soft (8 to 10 minutes). Add the tomatoes, oregano, pepper flakes, and basil. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, till the sauce has thickened up, about 10 to 12 minutes. When the eggplant is ready, remove it from the oven, chop it into 1 inch pieces, and add it to the sauce. Continue to simmer gently on very low heat..
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta and gently fold in the sauce. Top the pasta with additional chopped basil and red pepper flakes to taste. Serve..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food spicy eggplant pasta recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
If you would like to fight depression, try eating some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all high in omega-3 and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that raise the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can seriously elevate your mood.
Spicy Eggplant Pasta: If you decide that your overall health is important to you, you ought to take these recommendations to heart. The pre packaged processed foods that you can get in any store is in addition not good for you and instead you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.