Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, semolina cake (basbousa). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Semolina Cake (Basbousa) is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Semolina Cake (Basbousa) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Basbousa cake is a dessert from the Middle East that is made primarily from a semolina mixture. It is popular throughout Middle Eastern countries as well as North Africa, Iran, Greece and Turkey. In Egypt this is the main dessert served during the feasts and holidays for both Christians and Muslims. Basbousa is an Egyptian semolina cake drenched in syrup.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook semolina cake (basbousa) using 15 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Semolina Cake (Basbousa):
- Prepare 2 cups Fine Semolina or Rawa
- Make ready 1 cup Yoghurt
- Prepare 1 cup Sugar
- Make ready 1/2 cup melted unsalted Butter
- Prepare 2 Eggs
- Make ready 1/3rd cup Milk
- Make ready 1/4 th cup dessicated Coconut
- Make ready 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Make ready 1 teaspoon Almond essence/Vanilla essence
- Prepare As needed crushed assorted nuts and coconut flakes to garnish
- Prepare For the Sugar Syrup
- Make ready 1 cup Sugar
- Get 1 cup Water
- Get 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Take 1/2 teaspoon Orange blossom water/rose water
Basbousa/basboosa is a term in the Middle east that refers to a very sweet semolina - sort of- cake. Mix together flour, sugar, and baking powder very well in large bowl. Add yogurt into the mixture, mix well. Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Instructions to make Semolina Cake (Basbousa):
- In a mixing bowl add sugar and yoghurt.Mix well.
- Now add semolina, baking powder and milk.Mix well.
- Add melted butter and almond or vanilla essence. Give it a mix.
- Add 2 eggs and mix well with a spatula.
- At last add dessicated coconut and mix. The batter should be a little thick in consistency.
- Grease a 9 inch round baking dish with little oil.
- Pour the batter into the pan and tap 2- 3 times to remove any bubbles.
- Pre heat oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes.
- Bake basbousa at 200 degrees for 1st 10 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 180 degree and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown.
- When cake is baking, add 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a pan and heat.
- Add lemon juice, orange blossom water and mix.
- Cook for 10 minutes to make a thin sugar syrup.
- When the cake becomes golden, take out from the oven and pour the warm prepared sugar syrup over the hot cake.
- Let it soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from cake tin and garnish with coconut flakes and crushed nuts.
- Enjoy with family and friends as dessert.
- Very soft and moist texture. Bon appetit.
Add yogurt into the mixture, mix well. Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine semolina, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix the semolina, coconut, sugar, baking soda, and the butter in a large bowl. Use your hands to incorporate the butter with the other ingredients until mixed well.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food semolina cake (basbousa) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
It’s easy to drive away your bad mood when you eat grains. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all good for helping you feel happier. They help you feel full as well which can actually help to improve your mood. It’s not hard to feel a little bit off when you are starving! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are not difficult for your body to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood.